Movement on the Ground
Movement on the Ground works with the local community in the attempt to connect locals with refugees. They support communities with infrastructure, food and schooling.
Where is it?
Camps: Kara Tepe and Moria/Olive Grove
What will I be doing?
As a volunteer with Movement on the Ground you will be doing many different things. We have some continuous projects which you will be
- helping out with, the shop and our warehouse.
- Assisting with the many different activities for residents (refugees) such as ladies night, community cooking evenings, game hours with unaccompanied minors and many more.
- Working closely with and assisting residents and other volunteers
- Supporting computer classes in the Olive Grove and on Kara Tepe in the DLL (Digital Learning Lab).
What impact would I have?
Improving the lives of residents and their families in the refugee camps. Making life more dignified and helping residents feel more empowered.
Who will I be working with?
You will be working within their team of volunteers on Lesvos, under the supervision of coordinators.
There are four coordinators on the ground: two Olive Grove coordinators, a volunteer coordinator and a resident volunteer coordinator.
The volunteer teams are made up of people from many different backgrounds and nationalities.
Volunteers are asked to find their own accommodation
2 weeks (14 days)
- Flights to and from Lesvos
- Transport within Lesvos
- Food and Drink
- 200 euro donation to MOTG
- Manual Work / Labourer
- Sport Coach
- No specific skills required